Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hey CNN: change the name of "Crossfire" to "The Most Boring People in America"

I don't sit and watch TV news. I might have it on in the background if I'm doing something.  I never have talk shows on as background though, nor do I sit and watch them. Or listen to talk radio. To hear pundits and regular folks ramble on about various conspiracies is annoying. Plus I've got better things to do with my time.

I did watch a few minutes on CNN's "Crossfire."  Whew. Talk about boring. Liberal Van Jones and conservative S.E. Cupp make a few bland points about a topic and then smile at each other. Okay. And the point is...what?  Why anyone in the United States would watch these dullards is beyond me. Except for a person has insomnia. Crossfire would be a cure.

It's no wonder that Crossfire's return was the brilliant idea of one Jeff Zucker, the dope who kept Jay Leno on at 10:00 p.m. for an hour-long variety show, and then had Conan O'Brien doing pretty much the same show at 11:35 for the Tonight Show. Funny how TV executives make a lot of money, and cost the networks they work for billions of dollars, for making these silly decisions. Come on, at least baseball players have a skill!  TV executives don't seem to have any skills.

Do us a favor, CNN.  Just go back to reporting news and keep these ridiculous pundits off of our television screens, and let them do stuff like write their own blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment